The internet has a wealth of information, but often false information or inappropriate information is given. On this page we will endeavour to provide helpful resources to assist our patients who might be vulnerable, elderly, have mental health issues, etc., and who are not always able or in a position to communicate with the surgery. These services are often available through self referral or direct contact from the patient.
Online self-help services
- Child Sexual Exploitation: Tel 0300 0419 222 (Kent County Council Early Help Service).For advice and guidance and to seek additional support from local organisations.
- Kent County Council Specialist Children’s Services: Tel 03000 411 111.To seek specialist advice and support from KCC Social services.
- SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre): Tel 01622 726461 Website: http://www.beechhousesarc.org. The SARC is a safe place where you can seek confidential advice from specialist healthcare staff.
- PACE (Parents Agains Child Sexual Exploitation) Tel: 0113 240 5226: http://paceuk.info
- Domestic Abuse Volunteer Support Services (DAVSS) Local help line: 01892 570538 from 10 am to 1pm week days. http://www.davss.org.uk
- Sexual Health Exploitation For Young People: SAY SOMETHING HELPLINE – call or text 116 000 24/7 free and anonymous.
- Samaritans: Tel 08457 909 090 website:https://www.samaritans.org
- Child Line: 0800 11 11. website: https://www.childline.org.uk
- Police Non-emergency number: 101 – call this number to report any concerns that do not require an emergency response, or if you need advice or support from the police.
- Drug and Alcohol Support for Adults; West Kent Drug and Alcohol Wellbeing Service: 24 hour advice line: 0808 800 0015. http://www.westkentrecovery.org.uk and https://www.changegrowlive.org
Mental Health Services
- Mental Health Support for Young People: Hope Line (Help line for anyone under the age of 35 feeling suicidal – 10 am to 10pm. Tel: 08000 684 141.
- MEGAN (Mental Health Peer Support Group) 8am to 4pm Tel: 01634 402 077
- Mental Health Support For Adults: Kent Community Mental Health Team For older People 9am to 5pm: Tel 01322 622148
- Kent and Medway Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team: Tel: 0300 220 123
- Dementia Services: Dementia Help Line 24/7 Tel 0800 500 3014. The Kent Dementia Helpline is a confidential free phone service for people with Dementia, their carers, family and friends.
- Carers First: Tel: 0300 303 1555, website http://www.carersfirst.org.uk